Here are some questions that we receive frequently. If your question is not addressed in this page, please feel free to contact us.
1. A traffic safety education or T.S.E. certificate issued by an authorized school such as First Pass Driving School. All T.S.E. programs consist of a minimum of 30 hours of classroom instruction, six hours behind-the-wheel instruction and one hour of in-car observation time.
2. A learner's permit for at least 6 months
3. 50 hours of driving experience (10 hours must be at night)
4. Pass the 40 question knowledge test with a score of at least 80%
5. Pass the road test with a score of at least 80%
6. Pay the Washington State Department of Licensing license fee
During the first class, students are issued a "Permit Waiver" which allows them to go to any Department of Licensing office with a parent or legal guardian and get the permit without taking the knowledge test. However, the knowledge test must be taken before being issued a driver's license. Your son or daughter will be given detailed instructions on what documents to take to the Department of Licensing.
We assign no homework--all the work is done in class. However, we require that students practice driving. Your teenager needs experience behind the wheel more than anything else.
Students need a notebook and pen or pencil to take notes and complete assignments.
Yes, when students are driving our vehicles they are covered by our insurance.
Yes, all driving schools in Washington are legally required to have a brake on the instructor's side.
We are experienced helping nervous students learn to drive. Our instruction is completely nonjudgmental and very patient. We assure that the instructor will not become angry when mistakes are made.
Driving is an adult responsibility. Student conduct is expected to be positive and non-disruptive.
Unless specifically noted with the individual student, driving lessons will usually begin and end at the driving school.
Students who miss more than 3 classes will be dropped from drivers Ed and will have to restart the course.
Students who do not complete the drivers Ed course within 15 weeks will be dropped and must restart the course, paying the reinstatement fee.
Students who feel that 6 hours of driving lessons with our instructors is not enough may choose to pay $30.00 for each additional hour lesson.
Students will be charged a $25.00 fee for missing a driving appointment, not canceling within 24 hours of scheduled lesson, or not bringing their permit for a lesson.
No refund will be given after third day of the class.
Students must be at least 15 years of age, the day they start the course.
Teen Drivers Ed Program- $430.00
Adult Lesson- $60 per hour
Written Test- $20.00 for each attempts
Drive Test- $50.00 with or without your own vehicle
Our instructors pass a rigorous training and testing program and are certified by State of Washington. They pass an FBI background check. They have thousands of hours of instruction experience.
For Adults: We offer single driving lessons, you will need a Washington State instruction permit or International Driver's License. Please contact the school before scheduling your first lesson.
For Teens: We provide a waiver allowing the student to obtain a Washington State Permit without taking the Written Test.
The classroom sessions is 5 weeks long. The 6 drive lessons will likely go beyond classroom time and are scheduled when it is most convenient for you. Students must complete all 30 hours of classroom and 6 hours of drive lessons with at least 1 hour of observation in 15 weeks from their start date.
– Instructional Permit: 15th birthday when starting a Driver's Ed Class within 10 days, or
– Instructional Permit: 15 1/2 years old, when you take the Written Knowledge Exam (not signed up for a
Driver's Ed Class)
– Intermediate Driver's License: 16th birthday (with Driver's Ed & have held a Driving Permit for a minimum of six months)
– Regular Driver's License: 18th birthday
Our commitment is to provide the best education possible that is fun, lighthearted, and informative.
Convenient classroom times
Flexible scheduling available
A better classroom experience
A better driving experience
We specialize in nervous drivers!